Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Best synths and grooveboxes for kickdrums?
Staff
#1
0
0
Best synths and grooveboxes for kickdrums?

I'm considering something for synthesising kicks. Main consideration is that the kicks have a lot of punch and thwack. Looking to use it for techno so needs to be powerful and really cut through the mix. Doesn't have to be analog in fact digital might be better for patch recall. Ideally I want it to do more than that and have more versatility than just kicks, which rules out something like the mbase by jomox. so I'm looking for either a full drum machine or synthesiser. Currently I'm looking at model cycles and the rd9. I've considered the volca drum but I can't really see many people using it how I want to. I think as an fm percussion unit the cycles has more potential. The cycles is around the top of my budget at 250 quid. What else should I consider?

submitted by /u/synthsmademebroke
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Against the Grain: Best Granular Synths ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 02:26 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2