Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Starter synth for jamming
Staff
#1
0
0
Starter synth for jamming

Hello synth buddies!

I'm getting my brother in law his first synth for his bday! He has been playing with his daughter's toy keyboard and loving it. They are looking into some keyboards and I was hoping I might convert him to the church of synthesizers.

What would you recommend for a good starter synth under 4-500 USD. I feel like he would appreciate one with jamming capabilities, so something that could sequence a backing or rhythm track and allow you to play on top. Is that a tall order?

Other factors would be smaller portable size, polyphony, and general ease of use / shallow learning curve. I don't think he'll be a stickler on sound quality.

I was looking at the novation mininova and the akai mpk mini play, but I am realizing neither of those have sequencers / looping capabilities.

Other thoughts are a volca FM and the elecktron model cycles. I think since he's familiar with the traditional keyboard the cycles might be a hard sell but it looks fun!

Any advice would be much appreciated!

P.s. in the absence of any other options, I'll probably gift him my Roland Gaia

submitted by /u/itsnotaustin
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Fender Bonamassa Tone Master ’59 Twin: A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
UVI Falcon 2027 Flies The Nest with More...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
ADAM Audio Sub10 PRO and Sub8 PRO: 2 New...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Teenage Engineering Wants to Stop Making...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Wes Audio unveil the ngOmniBox
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Zynaptiq introduce Loud & Wide
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:31 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2