Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
X-Pan, Pams, and clipping question
Staff
#1
0
0
X-Pan, Pams, and clipping question

Hey all, I've got a kind of boring bass line going and figured it would be cool to play with the panning on it. I sent a sine wave from Pam's into X-Pan's pan input and got a standard sweep between channels. My next thought was to increase the speed of the sine wave for each hit a la typical dubstep ramping lfo. I made a ramp in Pams, sent it to CV 1, and set the panning sine's speed to CV1. Now it's clipping pretty hard unless I attenuate CV1 to the point of not being noticable.

If I set my panning Sine to 1x up to 3x it pans fine, as I get past that it starts to sound noisey but that's more audio rate of the panning rather than the hard clipping I was getting when using a ramp to set the speed. If I Offset CV1 pretty high and Attenuate it low it seems to do what I want much cleaner but I'm not sure why?

For what it's worth, this is my rack.

submitted by /u/plytheman
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:15 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Most simple VCF on earth
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:15 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4