Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do I need a Digitakt?
Staff
#1
0
0
Do I need a Digitakt?

I was considering the Volca Sample, then the Novation Circuit, then the Korg Electribe 2, then the Model:Samples, then the Roland MC101... the list keeps going. But everything I read, watch, listen to online... I can't escape the Digitakt and seems like the only groovebox worth getting under $1000.

I'm mainly interested in time stretching/warping/re-pitching on the fly (some influences at the moment are Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Squarepusher, Tessela, Autechre, Burial, Jon Hopkins). I'm not even necessarily looking for something that has the ability to sample. However, I would love something with some polyphony as I really only have monophonic gear right now.

I just can't spend $750 on the Digitakt right now, but I'm wondering if it's worth saving up for, or starting with an alternative like the Model:Samples. Am I wrong? Would it be better to start small and build my way up? Would love any recommendations.

If you couldn't tell, I'm still somewhat of a novice when it comes to hardware, though I've been sampling and synthesizing on Ableton with VST's for years.

submitted by /u/ajbguitar123
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Analogue Solutions ship second Filtopia ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
ADAM Audio introduce the Sub8 PRO & Sub1...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
The DMNO ON from UDO Audio
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sound Particles update Energy Panner 2 &...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 06:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0