Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
First drum machine
Staff
#1
0
0
First drum machine

Hey all -

Hope everybody is getting safe and sane out there. A little bit about my background, I'm a guitar player. Over the past few years I've been gravitating toward strange sounds, which has led me to acquire a bunch of Chase Bliss gear and getting into more synth type music. I'm going to be purchasing my first synth and drum machine soon. For the synth I have narrowed it down to either a Moog grandmother or matriarch, depending on what I can find used.

However, for getting a drum machine, I'm looking for suggestions as to what to pick up. I'm initially interested in the recently released Elektron Model:Cycles and also the older version Roland AIRA TR-8. I would love a machine that could do more traditional drum sounds, but then be able to get weird as well. Would those be good starter machines or would you recommend anything else?

I'm into bands like Radiohead, War on Drugs, Bon Iver, Chromatics and then knobs and jazz like Jeff Parker, Bill Evans, Miles, and Bill Frisell.

Sorry if this question gets asked all the time and thanks for any input.

submitted by /u/snarf_snarff
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Squier Savings for Starters: Deals of th...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 9
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:57 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 11:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
In-browser video synthesizer (work in pr...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 10:31 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 10
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 08:20 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15
Behringer Jam and Jam Play: Kick Out the...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 18
ATOV FaderPunk: Now Available at Thomann
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 13
Jean-Michel Jarre Announces 50th Anniver...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 07:41 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 14
Soniccouture reveal Scanner: Library
Last Post: SynthWizard
Yesterday 06:52 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 15