Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Korg Poly 800: Yay or Nay?
Staff
#1
0
0
Korg Poly 800: Yay or Nay?

Hi all,

So I've been in the market for my first synth for quite awhile now; I'm really looking for something capable of getting some really solid, warm tones, with 80's sound capability, and of relative affordability. I have seen a lot of videos with the Minilogue and such but have more or less found the sounds to be too cold and metallic. Then I saw this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg5ppF_daOY&t=413s and I absolutely love the tones, affordability, and overall sound of the Korg Poly-800. However, it seems to be a really polarizing synth and I wanted some help in deciding whether or not it would be a good purchase (and in what price range would be a good deal), if anyone has any experience in owning or playing the 800 live that they'd like to share, or if anyone has any comments on the video above. I was leaning toward a DeepMind 12 before I saw this, but as it is a pretty sizably more expensive synth and as my sound purpose is for an indie rock band with synth not necessarily as the focal point of the sound, I felt the 800 might be a good way to go before I work my way up to getting a DeepMind.

​

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,

​

Thanks so much

submitted by /u/ElmosWorld1243
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
New Module Puts B.A.C.H. Into Your Modul...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:17 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Infrasonic: The Cutting Sessions
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
The Asura from Animal Factory Amps
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Audacity 4 Brings New Tools, New Look To...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Cassettone, “The Poor Man’s Mellotron”, ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Free Mods Bring New Features To Akai MPC...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Fluxophone Turns Anything Into a Haunted...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
North American Electronic Sound Expo (NA...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:29 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Scaler Music introduce Scaler EQ Pro
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:39 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2