Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
A “modular” Delay?
Staff
#1
0
0
A “modular” Delay?

I’m stumped in my search for a delay module. There are plenty of great delays out there but I have found nothing that ticks my boxes for a modular style building block delay.

I have a short wish list: 1. Clock syncable 2. send/return for the delay signal path 3. vc over delay time and feedback 4. small and cheap

There is some great stuff out there, don’t get me wrong, but it all seems to do the routing I want to do in the module, or it gets expensive fast. The chronoblob 2 was the closest thing I found to getting 2 Chanel’s of what I want but still not quite there (no send/ret in stereo mode, therefore $$$$).

Here’s my dream: a simple cheap mono delay with these features (get 2 to 4) and pair those with filters/distortion/etc on the sends into a matrix mixer, then do the returns back to each “return” from the matrix to get a modular delay network that can be patched and tweaked in true modular style.

Does anyone know of a delay module like this? Or am I SOL on the commercial module side of things and stuck going down the diy rabbit hole?

Any thoughts are much appreciated!

submitted by /u/bow_to_lord_spacecat
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2