Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What’s the minimum I’d need for generative ambient drones?
Staff
#1
0
0
What’s the minimum I’d need for generative ambient drones?

I’ve started creating/performing ambient music that incorporates guitars, electronic elements, steel drums, and crystal bowls. Live performances are primarily intended to work with guided meditations, so I’m looking for very calming, soothing sounds.

I’m not really happy with using a laptop and Logic to generate drones, since I feel like I’m really locked into one loop, staring at my computer, and it’s difficult to create something that I can evolve and transform on the fly. I think a modular rack may be a good solution, but I’m looking for something small, portable, and easy to set up. I’m wondering— is this possible, or even practical to do (I’m thinking of something that is 2-6 modules for physical space/budget) or should I look into alternative solutions?

submitted by /u/smoozadelic
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
5 of the Best Analog Polysynths: Tones S...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Guitar Solos for Better Phrasing: 5 Song...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Sonuscore The Pulse: Synth Wave & Epic A...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Strymon launch the La Brea
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Sync Audio release MegaMorph
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 01:49 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2