Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What’s the minimum I’d need for generative ambient drones?
Staff
#1
0
0
What’s the minimum I’d need for generative ambient drones?

I’ve started creating/performing ambient music that incorporates guitars, electronic elements, steel drums, and crystal bowls. Live performances are primarily intended to work with guided meditations, so I’m looking for very calming, soothing sounds.

I’m not really happy with using a laptop and Logic to generate drones, since I feel like I’m really locked into one loop, staring at my computer, and it’s difficult to create something that I can evolve and transform on the fly. I think a modular rack may be a good solution, but I’m looking for something small, portable, and easy to set up. I’m wondering— is this possible, or even practical to do (I’m thinking of something that is 2-6 modules for physical space/budget) or should I look into alternative solutions?

submitted by /u/smoozadelic
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4