Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?
Staff
#1
0
0
Choosing between 'traditional' and wavetable LFO?

I'm trying to choose my first LFO for my rack. I've narrowed it down to two at the moment -- the AJH Minimod Dual LFO & VCA, and the Synthesis Technology Morphing Dual LFO. I plan to have both a Minimod VCO & VCF in my system, as well as the SynthTech E300 and E440 VCO and VCF. I like AJH's stuff, the build quality is great, and I'm used to 'traditional' LFOs. Plus the AJH LFO comes with a VCA. But the SynthTech LFO seems to offer more waveform possibilities to play with (and the build quality is great as well). Is there something else that the AJH LFO would offer me over the SynthTech that I'm not seeing? I realise that the AJH is analog, while the SynthTech is digital, so if these were VCOs that would be a definite difference, but since these are just being used to modulate, I don't know if that makes a difference .

submitted by /u/atacamasand
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 09:23 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 0
Plugins You Actually Need For Mixing
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 7
Cherry Audio release Pentaphonic
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Raspel: Free plug-in from Kreuzberg Audi...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Cherry Audio Revives Rare Gleeman Pentap...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
Suzanne Ciani On Buchla Instruments & Mo...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 08:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6
LinnStrument limited-time offer
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Mike Beigel: 1947–2026
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 8
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 07:10 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 6