Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MI Clouds Density Knob problem
Staff
#1
0
0
MI Clouds Density Knob problem

Hello,

I am very new to modular, today I am having an issue with Clouds and wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else.

Today was the first time I explored the new modes (specular madness etc) and when I returned to granular mode, the density knob was not behaving as it should.

For example, when to the right of 12 o clock, the grains were no longer random at all. No matter which way it is turned, they are in sequential order, so the density knob is almost behaving like an in gain knob.

Tried unplugging, plugging back in to no avail.

Any ideas? I thought about updating the firmware as I got it secondhand so I thought maybe there is a bug that is fixed in an update, but this seems unlike any bug I read about on the website. Not sure if the previous owner had it all the way updated or not.

Also just to be clear, it has been working fine since I bought it. Only had issues after messing around with the other modes.

Thanks for reading,

Scarlet

​

UPDATE: Tried updating the firmware today, unfortunately having the same problem. I sent a video of the problem to MI support, so we'll see. In the mean time, I will investigate the possibility of a faulty pot as per u/Spectral_Glacier 's advice. I attached the video here. Thanks again to everyone who commented/upvoted.

https://reddit.com/link/nrsfgj/video/jnnlsb33ib371/player

submitted by /u/Living_Milk2719
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
PWM Preferences!
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
Baby Audio announce HyperWarp
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
EastWest to introduce Hollywood Scoring ...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Arturia update the AstroLab
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
WaveMachine Labs Drumagog 6 arrives
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Warm Audio launch the Mod Series
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
fedDSP release quadCHO
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
IK Multimedia Tonex 2 Player now availab...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 11:45 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Austrian Audio introduce the OC616
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 10:20 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2