Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Do I need a Digitakt?
Staff
#1
0
0
Do I need a Digitakt?

I was considering the Volca Sample, then the Novation Circuit, then the Korg Electribe 2, then the Model:Samples, then the Roland MC101... the list keeps going. But everything I read, watch, listen to online... I can't escape the Digitakt and seems like the only groovebox worth getting under $1000.

I'm mainly interested in time stretching/warping/re-pitching on the fly (some influences at the moment are Aphex Twin, Amon Tobin, Squarepusher, Tessela, Autechre, Burial, Jon Hopkins). I'm not even necessarily looking for something that has the ability to sample. However, I would love something with some polyphony as I really only have monophonic gear right now.

I just can't spend $750 on the Digitakt right now, but I'm wondering if it's worth saving up for, or starting with an alternative like the Model:Samples. Am I wrong? Would it be better to start small and build my way up? Would love any recommendations.

If you couldn't tell, I'm still somewhat of a novice when it comes to hardware, though I've been sampling and synthesizing on Ableton with VST's for years.

submitted by /u/ajbguitar123
[link] [comments]
Reply


Forum Jump:

[-]
Private Messages
Please login or register to use this functionality.

[-]
Who's Online
There are currently no members online.

[-]
Latest Threads
Shure’s MV6 gets Gen 2 upgrade
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
iFi audio reveal the GR2 MT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
MOTU Digital Performer 12 now available
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Roland update Zenology GX for iPad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Volt Gen 2 & Volt Max interfaces from Un...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Novation launch the FLpad
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Phoenix from Spitfire Audio & BT
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 04:13 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1
Vinyl DJ 2026: Essential Gear for Perfec...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Stylophone Mini: Honey I Shrunk the Styl...
Last Post: SynthWizard
Today 03:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2